Tuesday, January 31, 2012

~ Learning to Be the Light ~

When the stars came crashing down
In tiny pieces to the ground
I was all alone down here
Trapped beneath the atmosphere
Then I thought somebody called my name
I spun around and caught a flame
I gave in to a God I didn't know
And now everything is falling into place
A brand new life is calling and I owe it all to grace

(Chorus)
It's so much brighter living in Your world
Savior, what you did for me
You gave me something I want everyone to see
When we struggle and it all goes wrong
Only You can make it right
So I say
Oh I'm learning to be the light
I'm learning to be the light

When a heart is cold as ice
You can't melt it with advice
No one wants to listen to
A list of things they shouldn't do
So I build a city on a hill
And I light a candle on a sill
Knowing You'll be always knocking at the door
Oh God I just want to love on everyone
All I have is Yours to give so let the people come

Chorus

I'm learning to be the light
That makes the shadows hide
I'm learning to be the light
The light that breaks the curse of pride
I'm learning to be the light
he light that takes the weary in it's arms

When it all came crashing down
There was only darkness all around
But in the distance I could see
A Flame

Learning to be the light
By: Newworldson







Listen to the song here...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsiG313Vuq8


I love this song and the inspiring words!
And it seems very fitting with what we have been studying these past weeks in 1 Peter.


But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord, Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect.
1 Peter 3:15

"Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the word of life" (Phil 2:14-16)

~Peter urged people to live with such integrity and consistency that those who are against us will eventually respect us and be led to glorify God!


We are all Blessed more than we will ever know, and we should help lead the lost to the Creator of all our Blessings ~ I Pray that God will help me to learn how he wants me to be a light in this world.








No comments:

Post a Comment